Cosmetic Dentistry Portland
A smile that looks amazing can be just as important as a mouth that functions as it should. Valley Dental Works in Portland strives to understand the importance of YOUR smile and offers a variety of cosmetic dentistry options to help attain and maintain your perfect smile. Whether you are looking for a transformation in confidence, appearance, or improved functionality, Dr. Miller listen to your personal, social, or professional dreams thus making them his priority while turning them into your reality.
*All images are of actual patients
Benefits of Cosmetic Dentistry
Cosmetic dentistry is a type of expert oral treatment that focuses on making your teeth look better. And, while cosmetic dentistry procedures are typically considered elective rather than necessary, some instances of treatment also have restorative benefits.
Modern cosmetic dentistry can make your teeth look better if they are broken, stained, shabby, chipped, cracked, misaligned, misshapen, or have spaces between them.
Choosing the Right Cosmetic Dentistry Option
Valley Dental Works listens to your hopes, concerns, and budgetary goals while also assessing your facial features and possibilities. Together we will design the smile of your dreams.
Dr. Miller are masters in the following cosmetic techniques:
- Porcelain Veneers: Porcelain veneers (also known as dental veneers or dental porcelain laminates) are fine custom-made shells of tooth-colored materials that cover the front portions of teeth to improve a patient’s appearance. Porcelain veneers are glued to the front surfaces of the teeth to enhance their size, length, color, and shape.
- Implants: Pure titanium is used to make implants. Their small form is designed to fit into the bone behind the gum to function similarly to ordinary tooth roots. They can be used for any form of tooth loss and can be customized to match a patient’s specific needs. Implants are also a viable alternative for patients who already have bridges and detachable dentures.
Endosteal, subperiosteal, and zygomatic implants are the three types of dental implants. Endosteal is the most common and safest of these. The subperiosteal and zygomatic methods are rarely employed due to their complexity.
- Crowns (including 1-day Cerec crowns!): Cosmetic crowns are ceramic caps that are placed over a patient’s teeth. They are designed to seem like natural teeth in terms of size, color, and shape, resulting in an improved smile. Cosmetic dental crowns can make a tooth look and work like it did before it was damaged.
- Bridges: Dental bridges are designed for patients who have lost a tooth or teeth. A dental bridge can replace one or more missing teeth with one or more prosthetic teeth. A bridge is typically cemented in place. It is composed of crowns on either side of the missing tooth or teeth that support the artificial tooth.
- Smile Design: Smile design is a form of cosmetic dentistry that corrects tooth flaws while also improving your dental health and appearance. It involves a personalized treatment plan and long-term benefits for straighter and whiter teeth and a healthier-looking smile.
- Full Mouth Reconstruction: A full mouth reconstruction is a combination of surgeries that rehabilitates healthy mouth and tooth function. If you have missing teeth, frail gums, or other problems with your mouth, full mouth reconstruction may be the best way to fix everything at once.
It’s crucial to note that a full mouth reconstruction is not just for looks; it’s also for people who have medical problems with their mouths.
- Dental Bonding: Dental bonding is a cosmetic dentistry method used to restore a cracked, chipped, or fractured tooth. It can also be used to address stained teeth, correct gaps between teeth, and even lengthen a tooth that is shorter than the others.
- Teeth Whitening: Teeth whitening is a technique used by dentists to penetrate the tooth enamel and initiate a chemical process known as oxidation. To help achieve a whiter smile, oxidation breaks down the staining components deep within the pores of your enamel.
Written onJuly 11, 2015
I was very impressed by Dr. Miller and his staff at Valley Dental Works. I had my regular cleaning appointment with Dawn who was very gentle and friendly. I will definitely be going to her again! They also found that I had a cracked filling from a previous dental office and Dr. Miller was able to fit me in later that same week with a 7am appointment so I didn’t have to miss work.
Great hours, great location and the entire staff was very pleasant. I would recommend it to everyone!
Read More Testimonials
Why Choose Valley Dental Works?
A member of the American Academy of Cosmetic Dentistry for more than ten years and has completed hundreds of appearance-related cases. One of 5 dentists in Oregon who has earned prestigious accreditation through the *American Academy of Cosmetic Dentistry. This honor is held by less than 350 other dentists worldwide and requires highly skilled and technique-savvy experience while passing many rigorous cases through a peer review process. This experience impacts the way we do every restoration and allows us to create smiles that are not only beautiful but natural looking.
*An Accredited Member of the American Academy of Cosmetic Dentistry has completed extensive advanced training and education in cosmetic dentistry. In addition, this credentialed dentist has successfully passed a rigorous Accreditation Board Examination. An Accredited Member is a dentist who has demonstrated a very high level of technical skill and ability in cosmetic dentistry.
Schedule a Consultation
If you are unhappy with the appearance of your smile or need professional care to help you maintain your smile, contact Valley Dental Works in Portland today to schedule a consultation. Our team can help find the perfect cosmetic dentistry option for you.
Related Blog Posts
WHAT TO EXPECT DURING YOUR FIRST DENTAL VISIT WITH US
Are you visiting Valley Dental Works for the first time? People often…
THE TOP 5 QUALITIES TO LOOK FOR IN A COSMETIC DENTIST
A great way to improve your smile is to visit a cosmetic dentist…