Dental Crowns Portland
A dental crown may be necessary if a tooth is worn, damaged, broken, or has large decay. If you need a crown, you have several options. We offer all ceramic, zirconium, gold, porcelain fused to metal, and CEREC crowns. Your dentist will recommend the type of crown that is best for you and your health.
The all-ceramic crown is aesthetically pleasing and a long-lasting option. Some advantages of choosing all ceramic crowns:
- Advantages: Natural in appearance, nearly invisible margins, ‘gum friendly’, and durable.
- A Natural Look: Ceramic crowns translucency and color options allow for an exact color match and mimic the qualities of natural teeth. The crown is designed to fit precisely without any gaps or open margins. The natural fit and material help to maintain healthy gums while restoring the tooth back to health.
- Durable: Ceramic type materials have been used in the dental industry since the early 1900s. This material is a durable, long-lasting, and a natural looking option.
- Safe to Use: Ceramic is a safe material, and is generally suitable for those with allergies. Ceramic crowns are ‘gum friendly’.
1-Day Cerec Crowns
The 1-Day Cerec crown is also known as the ‘same day crown’. CEREC, or Chairside Economical Restoration of Esthetic Ceramics, crowns are custom-crafted ceramic crowns that have become popular due to the speed of delivery. These crowns come with many of the same benefits of an all ceramic crown.
In normal cases, a ceramic crown might take weeks to design. But with this option, advanced CAD and CAM technology is used to create the crown in just hours. As the patient sits in the office, the dentist prepares the tooth, the crown is milled, and placed all in the same day. No more temporary crowns or multiple appointments.
Benefits of Choosing Cerec Crowns
- Cerec crowns are designed to mimic your tooth. The precise measurements are scanned into the system to recreate what is lost from the tooth. This allows your tooth to be restored back to health.
- The entire restorative procedure can be completed in a just a few hours. During one simple visit, your tooth will be transformed.
- Nearly 84% of patients still have these crowns intact after 18 years.
Contact Our Office
To find out more about ceramic crowns and Cerec crowns, contact the office of Valley Dental Works to schedule your appointment.
Written on July 9, 2015
Dr. Miller is a very professional, attentive, caring, and gentle dentist. His office is beautiful and in a great location. Everyone in the office is friendly and helpful.